Sugar-free Sponge Cake Complete Recipe
Today here in this article, we will give a recipe that is special so that all diabetics can enjoy an excellent sweet cake but without sugar. Yes, without any sugar, but it is still great. What I love about this recipe is that, unlike other recipes for diabetics that may be unhealthy for those who are accustomed to eating sugar, this cake is as good and sweet as the cake made with the traditional recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 14 sachets of stevia powder (= 100g. Sugar)
- 220g of leavening flour
- 125g unsweetened yogurt
- 100g of neutral oil
- 1 lemon zest
- Place the three eggs in a bowl, then add 14 sachets of stevia powder (or the equivalent of 100 grams of sugar).
- Beat for about 8-10 minutes with a blender. So we will make our sponge cake spongy. You will see that the texture of the egg will change as they continue to beat.
- Add the yogurt. I used vanilla yogurt, but they can also use neutral or strawberry (as long as it is a non-sugary yogurt, it can be any). Yogurt, in addition to flavor, will give a special flavor to our sponge cake. We beat a little more.
- Add the 100 gr of neutral oil (can be sunflower or corn), continue beating for a couple of minutes. As you can see, the milkshake is very important.
- It is the time to add the sifted leavening flour. It is essential to sift it because this will also make the sponge cake spongy (the key is to incorporate air into the preparation). After adding all the sifted flour, we beat slowly for a couple of minutes until it is incorporated.
- Incorporate the zest of a lemon. We continue mixing with the blender for a minute.
- Continue beating with a spatula with enveloping movements (difficult to explain with words, for more data, see the video).
- If the mixture is a bit thick, you can add a splash of milk.
- Transfer the preparation to a previously floured mold (remember that these proportions of ingredients are for a small mold). In case you want chocolate sponge cake, you can add in this step about 3 large tablespoons of bitter cocoa (the one that comes without sugar).
- Take to the preheated oven at 180º for half an hour or 40 minutes, or until we put a stick and leave it dry.