Sugar-free Apple Crumble Complete Recipe
You will not believe how rich and light this apple crumble is without sugar; it has been amazing for several reasons: on the one hand, I think that this type of recipe is classic in this time when it is cold and makes us want to Snack with something sweet. On the other hand, I like it to be soft and crispy at the same time.
- 6 apples
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 sachets of stevia powder
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup instant oatmeal
- 2 tbsp of flax seeds
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
Apple pie recipe step by step
- The first thing we are going to do in this crumble recipe is to peel the apples. They can use a potato peel or a knife, as they find it easier. Then we cut them in half and remove the center with the seeds. Finally, we cut it into thin sheets, as if they were cutting Julian style.
- In a baking dish, we will accommodate the apple slices a little on top. To better understand this step I recommend you watch the video, it is super easy but difficult to explain with words. Remember that you should use a mold of the appropriate size according to the size of the apple crumble you are preparing. In my case, I am making a small one, so if you want one of a more traditional size you can double the ingredients and use a larger source.
Once we have all the apple slices arranged at the source we will sprinkle them with the juice of half a lemon to prevent them from oxidizing and reserve them.
- Now we are going to do the crumble. The first thing we are going to do is crush the almonds. To do this I did not remove them from the bag and with a rolling pin, I crushed them until they were crushed. Another way can be by chopping them with a knife or using a mortar, the important thing is that they remain in small pieces.
Place the whole wheat flour in a bowl along with the oatmeal and almonds. We add a pinch of salt and stevia powder: I used two envelopes of stevia but this depends on how sweet they want this apple crumble to be. If you want it very sweet you can use three, and if you want to use only one it is also fine.
- Add to the previous mixture a teaspoon of cinnamon and two tablespoons of flax seeds that will make the crumble very crispy.